ABOUT COMMUNITY C.A.R.E. & OUR FOUNDERS
Myron & Deborah Bradford
The Community CARE Program is a 501C3 Non-profit Organization, dedicated to building bridges of hope. Founded in 2006, by Myron and Deborah Bradford, Community CARE has served Collin and Dallas Counties for 17 years.
Since its inception, Community CARE has enlisted the help of local automobile dealers to donate gently used vehicles. The request is not limited to auto dealers alone. Vehicle donations are welcomed and accepted from any individual that would like to participate in this worthy cause.
Community CARE has also partnered with Habitat for Humanity, and elementary schools within Dallas Independent School District (DISD) to purchase school uniforms. During Hurricane Katrina, the Community CARE assisted in the evacuation of residents by sending buses and cars to storm damaged areas in Louisiana. It has also participated in an appreciation day for Senior Citizens which included makeovers, relaxation activities, and the purchase of groceries, as well as field trips for children and teens in the McKinney area.
For more information, and to learn more about partnering with our organization, contact us.
COMMUNITY C.A.R.E. EVENTS
To keep abreast of current and upcoming events, subscribe below.
We are collecting the following items:
- Hand warmers – (Hot Hands Super Warmers 10-pack, available at Walmart)
- Wool Thermal Socks
(Dickies P3 Wool Thermal – Walmart)
- Batteries (AA; AAA; C, D)
- Cough drops
- Vicks vapor rub
- Foot powder
Personal Toiletry Items
- Tissue (Kleenex tissue packets)
- Dental floss
- Body wash
- Baby Wipes
- Germ X (hand sanitizer)
- Disinfectant Wipes
Snacks (individually wrapped)
- Assorted Cookies – (high demand)
- Popcorn kernels – (high demand)
- Peanut butter crackers – (high demand)
- Cheese crackers – (high demand)
- Assorted chips – (high demand)
- Protein Energy Bars – (high demand
- Hot chocolate – (high demand)
- Crystal light
- Almonds (Honey roasted & plain)
- Sunflower seeds
- Trail mix
- Dried Fruit
- Jolly Ranchers
- Mike n Ike’s
- Now & Later
- Hot Tamales
- Sweet Tarts
Condiments (individual packets)
- Salt & pepper packets
- Hot sauce
COMMUNITY C.A.R.E. CAR GIVEAWAY
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a single mother with dependent children
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to maintain proper insurance requirements and maintain tax, tag, and registration requirements
- Authorize and provide approval for a background check
- Must meet the specified income range requirements and provide supporting documents
- NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES OR U.S. POSTAL MAILED APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please ensure that you complete all sections of the application to be considered for the Mother’s Day Giveaway.
- Contact Information
- ID Verification
- Household Information
- Essay Questions
- Background Check Authorization
Winner Selection & Announcement
Applications will be reviewed in the order received. You will be contacted if your application is selected.
WINNERS FOR MOTHER'S DAY CAR GIVEAWAY
We would like to invite you to become a sponsor/donor for our 2023 Car Giveaway, to be held Mother’s Day, May 14, 2023, at New Jerusalem Baptist Church, 1415 Anthony Street, McKinney, Texas 75069.
Please take a moment to consider the sponsor/donor level that is right for you, and indicate your selection. Feel free to contact us if you have questions or need additional information. Thank you for your consideration.